Friday, November 19, 2010

New Look goes Unnoticed!

So I got my hair cut last Saturday, that is 6 days ago now! Do you know how many people have noticed...0, not even my mom or sister! I mean seriously?!
I have had the same hair-do off and on since I was in the sixth grade. Long, all one length, parted on the side, tucked behind the ear. I have cut it short over the years, but eventually I just grow it back out. I've been growing it this time since about July 2008. It had gotten really long and kinda unruly so I went to get my twice yearly trim. I asked for 3 inches off, but then said I wouldn't mind having some long layers as well. He started cutting and 3 turned to 6 I couldn't believe my eyes! I was not sure how I felt about the new do when I left the salon, but 6 days later I am really loving it, but I guess I am the only one.
I think it looks very different from the hum-drum no style look I had just two weeks ago, but yet not 1 person...not friend, family or foe has taken notice. It's left me wonder if it looks as good as I think it does.
What do you think?
Plain Long Hair in Sept 2010
New Shorter Layered Look

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They do look very similar...I'm sorry...not that I don't notice a difference...I do, but they are very similar styles. If you want people to stand up and take notice you have to make a BIG change...or do something drastic to the style...I don't think layers are going to get the reaction you're looking for. For what it's worth...I think you look pretty in both pictures =)

Beth said...

ok cousin, it looks great! but...so did your long beautiful hair, its a toss up, long, layered, long, layered....anyway you wear it, is still beautiful you xoxo Beth

Literary Beauty said...

I like it!!. Not to make excuses, but by most people's standards it's still long...and it's still tucked behind the ears!!!

Natalie - 2MYLU Designs said...

Okay, first of all - you look beautiful in both pictures!Love it longer, but (truth) often when your hair is beyond your shoulders, people just think "long hair" they may not notice what to you seems a drastic change.
More truth = In both pictures what I first focus on is your pretty face, and because the layers don't affect so much the hair surrounding your face, I must admit that in the pictures even I cannot tell a major difference! :) I don't think either cut is ho-drum. That's only my opinion!

Kristen Blair said...

thanks to all for the wonderful words.