Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Starbucks did me in...

It is 9am, and I have already consumed 797 calories today thanks to Starbucks!
While counting my calories and journaling my food one day last week I found myself on the Starbucks website looking up information on the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I love that drink, glad that it comes around only once a year! In fact, the only time I usually go to Starbucks is between October and January for Pumpkin Spice and Gingerbread lattes! Well while on the site I saw another beverage that sounded particularly tasty...Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!
Today on my way into work I stopped to get the PSL, I knew the calorie count...so I planned tall, nonfat. But when I got into the store...there it was up on the board...the drink that I wanted to try. I ended up getting the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, I managed to keep it a tall (good thing, it is very rich) but they didn't ask and just put the whip on top!
So after the drink is finished I go to look up the calories...well the tall, nonfat, no whip SCHC was 400! Who the hell knows how many was in the one that I just drank! It was good, but I don't think that it was worth the calories of 1 meal and a small snack.

No comments: