Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Enough

This week while on vacation I finally stepped on a scale. My scale at home has been broken for at least 6 months and I knew I was gaining weight so I didn't rush to fix it! I was disgusted to find out that I am back where I was a year ago, very discouraging. I've lost and gained back 35 pounds in 12 months.
We've been trying to get pregnant for the last year and with each unsuccessful month I seemed to find more and more comfort in my old habits and food. Stuffing my sorrows away. I just got back from vacation where I told myself - ENOUGH! I am journaling again starting today and am taking a few months off from family planning to take care of me!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Good for you, Kristen! I'm right there with ya...been carrying around an extra 30 pounds for the last 3 years myself...just got busy, got fat, got depressed, didn't have any reason to do something about it and now I'm in a rut and facing my own family planning dilemnas...ie. getting/keeping a father for my children and then facing uncertain difficulties in getting pregnant given my advancing maternal age...sigh. So, I'm in this boat with you...let's hold each other up! Love you, babe!

Heather said...

I think you are absolutely amazing.