Friday, July 23, 2010

A LOT has changed!

So A LOT has changed since the first and last posts I made. My weight continued to increase until I reached about 255. I was so disappointed in myself. After shedding over 50 pounds during my pregnancy I really wanted to be able to keep the weight off. In addition to just wanting to be "thin" I really don't want to have Type 2 Diabetes and take medication for the rest of my life. But here I was gaining all the weight back.
Somewhere after Thanksgiving and before the New Year I decided enough was enough and I didn't want to get back to my highest weight, a shocking 273. So I went to see a diabetes nutritionist and started eating the right foods. Then around March I added the much needed exercise into the routine.
I am happy to report that as of today I am a plump 228! Well, I might be 229 as I did eat McDonald's for lunch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have always been cute 2 me....haha good job and i am sure you will hit whatever goal you have

Kristen Blair said...

thanks Anonymous, what a sweet thing to say!

Anonymous said...

It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing, admit that there is a problem and commit to making a change. I am proud of you. It seems the older I get the more I realize there are things about me that I don't like. It is the working on them and changing them that is the hardest. I think my kids did that to me. I want to be better for them. We are all human, we make mistakes, we just don't want other people to know and we don't want to admit it to ourselves. I applaud you and all your efforts. We all backslide. I am looking forward to following you on your journey.