I tried to apply that logic to all foods thinking that "Fun Size" candy bars are sort of the equivalent of the 100 calorie snack pack, but I learned yesterday that the same principle does not translate to candy! I love chocolate and especially candy bars. Occasionally I will succumb to the display at the checkout line and buy one on my way out of the grocery store. I eat my 1 candy bar, it is good, I enjoy it, it is done. I never buy 3-4 candy bars and binge on them, just 1 and I am satiated with that. So why is it that yesterday I found myself eating 1 after another "fun size" kit-kat bar out of my daughters Halloween candy bucket? I stopped after I consumed 6 minis bars and realized I had just eating 3 full size candy bars! Wow, I'm just glad I stopped when I did.The truth can sometimes be UGLY. We don't always like it, but sometimes it helps to hear it anyway. However, we all know that isn't always the case...sometimes kindess happens too.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Why is it called "fun size"?
I'm a big fan of imposed portion control. I obviously don't have the will power to stop eating so I like when things come in nice little single serve amounts. I LOVE 100 calorie packs. Look in my cabinet today and you will probably find at least 7 different items packaged in perfect 100 calorie portions. If I sit down with a bag of chips, I usually eat the whole (or at least half) of the bag. So it works for me to have these snacks so easy to grab and I know that I won't binge.
I tried to apply that logic to all foods thinking that "Fun Size" candy bars are sort of the equivalent of the 100 calorie snack pack, but I learned yesterday that the same principle does not translate to candy! I love chocolate and especially candy bars. Occasionally I will succumb to the display at the checkout line and buy one on my way out of the grocery store. I eat my 1 candy bar, it is good, I enjoy it, it is done. I never buy 3-4 candy bars and binge on them, just 1 and I am satiated with that. So why is it that yesterday I found myself eating 1 after another "fun size" kit-kat bar out of my daughters Halloween candy bucket? I stopped after I consumed 6 minis bars and realized I had just eating 3 full size candy bars! Wow, I'm just glad I stopped when I did.
I tried to apply that logic to all foods thinking that "Fun Size" candy bars are sort of the equivalent of the 100 calorie snack pack, but I learned yesterday that the same principle does not translate to candy! I love chocolate and especially candy bars. Occasionally I will succumb to the display at the checkout line and buy one on my way out of the grocery store. I eat my 1 candy bar, it is good, I enjoy it, it is done. I never buy 3-4 candy bars and binge on them, just 1 and I am satiated with that. So why is it that yesterday I found myself eating 1 after another "fun size" kit-kat bar out of my daughters Halloween candy bucket? I stopped after I consumed 6 minis bars and realized I had just eating 3 full size candy bars! Wow, I'm just glad I stopped when I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment