Tuesday, August 24, 2010

10,000 steps

In an effort to try and get more activity in (notice I didn't say exercise), I bought a pedometer from Target over the weekend. I really want one of those super cool body bugg things that you see on The Biggest Loser but at $200 I think I will pass for now. So instead I opted for the $12 one that unscientifically counts steps and calculates distance and calories burned. No software and no 90% accuracy included on this one!
Naively I thought that my everyday activity would be worth tracking, come to find out I am way short of 10,000 steps daily. I am not sure how to get 10,000 steps in everyday without having to actually exercise. But in an effort to step it up (pun intended) I headed to the one place the I knew I could cover a lot of square feet, the mall! Even with a two hour shopping trip around the mall I only managed to reach just over 3,000 steps! And if I spent $100 while I was there, was it really worth it?

No comments: