I would have bitch slapped myself!
Back in high school I was always ashamed of my size. I was larger than most of the girls at my high school, and never really felt pretty. It was made worse by the fact that I went to a private school with a Air Force JROTC program so we all wore Air Force uniforms...kinda levels the playing field. I was always self-conscious about my size and comparing myself to the other girls around me. This is the curse of being a girl, I can't imagine one girl who hasn't felt the same way regardless of size or weight.
I was kinda popular in high school and anyone who comments differently must be suffering from memory loss. I had boyfriends, I was a cheerleader (the token heavy one), I played tennis and participated in various clubs. I just had low self esteem.
I look back on pictures of me then and think about how gorgeous I was and how I would love to look like that again. I think if I were really as ugly as I thought I was I wouldn't have had the boyfriends or the popularity, but I was too silly to realize that back then. I want to go back to that time and place and tell that self-conscious girl "you are strong, you are independent and you are more beautiful than you will ever know...oh and stay away from junk food and drive thrus"!
2 comments:
I was there and you still "are strong, you are independent and you are more beautiful than you will ever know" I know you struggled with your weight back then and I always struggled with how to get you not to. I just wanted to hang out with the strong, beautiful, silly you....that you still are today. xoxoxo From what I gather, you are still pretty popular these days too :-)
Keg - Thank you! I am so blessed to have you in my life. You are truly the friend that I have had the longest and I treasure you dearly!
Post a Comment