I'm feeling a bit down today. It could be the rainy, bleak day outside, it could be the country music that I listen too or some combination of the two. I think mostly though, it has to do with my recent reading adventures. I have finally broken down and started to read the Twilight series. After reading Twilight I was as giddy as Bella Swan herself. I was in love with love (I always am, but seemed ever more so now) and especially a love that was all kinds of wrong, but could still exist. It warmed my heart. I think that every girls aches for that love, a love so true and deep.
It took me awhile to find that love in my own life. Being fat my whole life has made me very self conscious and produced a lower self-esteem. I never expected to be good enough or desirable enough for anyone. So I was beyond happy when I met my husband and got my own happy ending.
But on days like these, when the mood changes...I start to get that insecurity back. I start to wonder if I am really what he wants and I start to think about him leaving. Let me be clear...there is nothing logical that would lead me to head down this thought path, except my own twisted brain. I carry the fear that one day he will wake up and realize how disgusting I am and wonder why he wasted so many years of his life. Good thing these days are few and far between!
I know that I am particularly feeling this way because I am now reading New Moon and echoing Bella's pain. I am so sucked into the books. And whenever I come across a character that I can relate to, I can't help but feel her feelings too. We have all felt love and heartbreak, but I'm not sure that everyone has felt this unworthy of being loved feeling that I have.
To overcome it, I will go home and snuggle up to my daughter, cuddle with my husband, finish the book and pray for sunshine tomorrow!
2 comments:
Oh, dear one...we all have crazy brains that wander into that vast and silly place of uncertainty. Mine is not with weight, but with age. I have my moments...rare, but yes, I have them...when I just know that one day my husband is going to realize that I'm old and disgusting and leave me for someone 15 years younger. I forget the he loves and adores me daily. Not a day goes by that he doesn't remind me how much he loves me but every once and a while BAM! it hits me. I hate it...when it's over I can look back and realize I was being silly...but when I'm in it...man does it suck! But like a gloomy day or a thunder storm...it passes, just remember that. You have your Edward...remember that too. BIG hugs.
Aww Kristen! Let ME be clear...you are a gorgeous person! Inside...and out! Its no wonder your hubby scooped you up! Thanks for Blogging...you know we all have these days, Fat Ugly, Insecure, Less than...anything, and my favorite...Plain Just Sucked Day...
I declare a day we stop kicking our own butts and rejoice as a woman, wife, mother, professional, and overall perfection in any package :-)
Post a Comment