Have you ever found yourself in a bad relationship and unable to get yourself out of it? That is where I am right now. I have a friend that I have known most of my life, but have really gotten closer to within the last 10 years. I've always liked this friend and they have been there every time I needed them, without fail. It's just that what I get out of the friendship doesn't fulfill me. She does a great job of cheering me up when we visit, but when I am not around her I start to question if what we have is good. Plus it is very one-sided...I am always doing the visiting or making the calls. In fact I have come to realize that she doesn't care about me, or even think about me between visits. But to be honest, I haven't been that great of a friend back. I visit when the time is right for me and usually I am in such a rush. I think it might be time for me to throw in the towel on this friendship. It will be hard on me, maybe one of the most difficult things I will do. But here I go...
Dear Drive-thru,
I appreciate you being there for me, but I need a break. I need to figure my problems out on my own without always turning to you to solve them for me. I need to learn to plan better and not always rely on your ability to save the day. I'm sure this is not good-bye forever, but for now...I'm over you!
Love always,
Kristen
1 comment:
How true! With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Good job KB! Liz
Post a Comment